41. have a change of heart means "change a previous decision"
Example: I thought I would change jobs, but now that my boss is treating me with more respect, I've had a change of heart.

42. have mixed feelings about something means "to be uncertain"
Example: I have mixed feelings about Joe. He's a very good teacher, but he has a very strange sense of humor!

43. head out for means "to start on a long trip" (but it could be within a big city)
Example: We're heading out for the countryside to pick some apples. Would you like to join us?

44. How come? means "Why?"
Example: How come we don't go to the movies any more? I guess we're too busy to enjoy ourselves these days.

45. keep in touch (or "stay in touch") means "do not stop communicating - send letters or call sometimes"
Example: Don't forget to keep in touch. I want to know how you're doing while you're away.

46. be kidding means "to joke or tease someone in a playful way"
Example: No, I don't really have three wives - I was just kidding!

47. look down on means "think somone or something is not good enough"
Example: We shouldn't look down on people just because they don't have as much money as we do.

48. make ends meet (often used negatively) means "to have enough money to buy everything we need"
Example: Even though I make more money than last year, we just can't seem to make ends meet.

49. miss the boat means "to miss an opportunity"
Example: The sale ends today at noon. If we don't hurry, we're going to miss the boat!

50. next to nothing means "to cost very little"
Example: I went to the new discount store and bought these new shoes for only five dollars. That's next to nothing!








Idioms 41 - 50