31. cost an arm and a leg means "very expensive"
Example: I'd really like a new car, but they all cost an arm and a leg.

32. to cram means "to study hard a few days before a test"
Example: If you had studied hard for the past four months, you wouldn't have to cram so much this weekend.

33. fresh out of something means "to have no more of something"
Example: I have to go buy some more milk. It seems we're fresh out now.

34. to get it (often negative) means "to understand"
Example: What did the teacher say? I didn't get it. Did you?

35. got a minute? means "Do you have time right now?"
Example: Hey, Joe, got a minute? I have something to show you.

36. give someone a hand means "help someone"
Example: Could you give me a hand moving this table? It's quite heavy.

37. grab a bite to eat means "quickly go get something to eat"
Example: I'm going to go grab a bite. I'll be back in a few minutes.

38. drive someone up a wall (or "drive someone crazy") means "to make someone very angry"
Example: My neighbor practices the piano every night, but he's terrible. It's driving me up the wall!

39. to hang on means "to wait"
Example: Hang on a few minutes. I have to make a phone call and then I'll be able to join you for lunch.

40. hard headed means "stubborn" or "unwilling to change an opinion or idea
Example: I can't work with Joe any more. He's so hard headed!