Describe a website that you often use. You should say:
·   what type of website it is
·   how you found out about it
·   what it allows you to do,
and why you find it useful.

Facebook is a social networking website. It was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg and it is a free website that allows you to keep in contact with friends or find people you've lost touch with. It's one of the most popular websites in the world, with millions of users in different countries.

I learned about this website 8 years ago i.e. in 2009. At that time I used to use Orkut. It was also a social networking website similar to facebook, and even more popular than facebook. But soon Orkut fail after Facebook came into picture. My friend had already joined facebook and he sent me an email inviting me to join. I signed up and I've been using it ever since.

Unlike Orkut, Facebook allows me to do so many things.  You have a profile page with information and status updates so that you can tell everyone what you're doing. You can post messages to other people's pages. You can even upload photos and videos.


I find Facebook most useful because it has organized my life,I keep in touch with friends and store photos. I think social networking websites have become part of everyday life.